Wednesday, November 20, 2019




I love helping young scholars unlock their true potential. That "lightbulb" moment is worth all of the effort. I like to engage minds using problem-based learning:

image courtesy of siue.edu (copyrighted material)


I encourage what I call "Embracing the Struggle." Sometimes, we do our best work when we start backward (from the problem) and work our way towards the solution. I have found that it is a great way to incorporate the concept of scientific inquiry and how to walk through the scientific process. Traditional learning has its place. I believe that problem-based learning, once mastered, is a multi-disciplinary tool that can be used across subjects. Once you understand how to work a problem backwards, you can apply the same strategy to anything. 

What strategies have you found useful in your studies? When you are instructing? 






Does your scholar need help with STEM-related topics? You can book me locally in person or online for distance learning at Frog Tutoring. 



No comments:

Post a Comment